StartmeupHK Salons: Greater Bay Area, China
With the view to extending the global reach of StartmeupHK initiative, Invest Hong Kong, with support from its overseas offices, will organise a series of half day virtual StartmeupHK Salon events to target local startup communities.
Six overseas Salon events will be held in key markets (North America, S. America, Europe, Middle East & India, ASEAN and the Greater Bay Area) in 2021.
Opening remarks by
Helen Yip, Head of Investment Promotion, InvestHK Guangzhou Office
GBA Panel (in Putonghua)
To showcase HK is an innovation hub for mainland startups who would like to expand their business into Asian and global markets; illustrate how Hong Kong remains an important stepping stone for overseas companies entering the mainland market.
Moderator: Maggie Luo Qi, Chief Representative, Asia-Pacific, Sina Finance Global
1. Lap Man, Co-founder and Managing Partner, Beyond Ventures
2. Sam Wong, General Manager, TusPark Hong Kong
3. Frank Pun, Project & Operations Manager, Insilico Medicine Hong Kong Limited
4. Dave Tai, Deputy Director of Business Development and Cooperation, Beeplus Technology
5. Kailin Li, Open Innovation Cooperation Consultant, Startup Salad
Startup Panel (in English, with Chinese subtitles)
To showcase successful startups that have either set up business in Hong Kong or moved to the city as a base for regional/China expansion.
Moderator: Ben Wong, Head of Open Innovation, Eureka Nova, a New World Development Company
1. Vittorio De Angelis, Executive Chairman & Co-founder, Velotrade
2. Sarah Garner, Founder, Retykle
3. Dorothy Lam, Co-founder & Chief Catalyst, Dream Impact
4. Rhaime Kim, Chief Operating Officer, Rice Robotics
Investor Panel (in English, with Chinese subtitles)
To reinforce Hong Kong’s unique strength in providing the best access to global investment opportunities through VC investor access and growth funding.
Moderator: Jo Chan, Investor Relations Director, AngelHub
1. Raymond Wong, Head of Investment, HKSTP
2. Edith Yeung, Partner, Race Capital
3. Queenie Wong, Vice President, C Ventures
4. Tony Tung, Managing Director, Gobi Partners
Closing Remarks by
Mr. Bryan Peng, Head of Innovation & Technology (Greater Bay Area), InvestHK