- Focuses on advanced manufacturing industries with three pillar industries: automobiles, electronics and petrochemical industry.
- They are supported by six cutting-edge production bases for automobiles, ship and marine engineering equipment, nuclear power equipment, computer numerical control equipment, petrochemicals and fine steel manufacturing. There are also more than 50 industrial areas and parks, focusing on automobiles, petrochemicals and electronics in the east, port-related equipment manufacturing in the south, and airport-based economy in the north.
- Well-developed infrastructure
- Strong industrial base
- Comprehensive support on innovation and entrepreneurship
- High level of opening up
- With demonstration zone for innovative development
- Quality living environment
Preferential Policies on Tax
Notice from Guangzhou Municipal Finance Bureau, Guangzhou Municipal Science and Technology Bureau, Guangzhou Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau and Guangzhou Municipal Tax Service, State Taxation Administration on Issuance of Implementation of Measures of Guangzhou Municipality Concerning Administration on Financial Subsidies Related to Individual Income Tax Preferential Policies in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (Chinese version only)
Preferential Policies on Talents
Measures for the Guangzhou Talent Green Card System:
Notice on the Issuance of the Detailed Implementation Rules of Guangzhou Huangpu District and Guangzhou Development District to Support Hong Kong and Macao Youths in Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Sui Bu Ke Gui Zi  No.4)
Notice from the Bureau of Financial Affairs of Guangzhou Municipality on "Implementation measures in Guangzhou for supporting project for high-level financial professionals (Amendment)" (Sui Jin Rong Gui  No.7)
Nansha Free Trade Zone
- Location: Located in the southernmost of Guangzhou, Nansha New District is the city’s only gateway to the sea and the geographical center of the Great Pearl River Delta (PRD) region. It is also an important hub for clusters of cities at both banks of the Pearl River and the country’s south gate open to the rest of the world.
- Industry Focus: Shipping logistics, Advanced manufacturing, Financial service, Scientific and technological innovation
- General Policy: By seizing the rare opportunity created by the development of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, Nansha will continue to implement the innovation-driven development strategy, deepen reform and opening-up in Nansha FTZ, promote closer and high-level cooperation with Hong Kong and Macao. In addition, Nansha will speed up its efforts in becoming a regional transportation hub and an information port, enhance its power of influence as an international shipping hub and create an innovation-oriented industrial system. Moreover, efforts will be made to build a rule-of-law business environment that is aligned with the best international practices, transform Nansha into the urban sub-center of Guangzhou, as well as the leading area and the exemplary zone for implementing the new development concepts.
- Website link: http://ftz.gd.gov.cn/Eng/index.html
Huangpu district / Guangzhou Development District
- Location: Situated in the east part of Guangzhou, Huangpu district / Guangzhou Development District is at the center of the golden delta comprised of Guangzhou, Hong Kong, and Macao.
- Industry Focus: Electronics, flat panel display manufacturing, automobiles and chemicals, new materials, e-commerce, foods and beverages, bio-health, intelligent equipment and other industries.
- General Policy: Seizing each growth opportunity, the district has been strengthening its policy integration and innovation and number of institutions. The district thereby became the first to use policies to reduce costs and increase efficiency for enterprises, support the real economy growth, and facilitate new businesses and investment.
- Website link: http://eng.hp.gov.cn/
- Nansha Bridge
- Links the large cities of Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Dongguan and Huizhou in the eastern part of Pearl River Delta to Foshan, Zhuhai, Zhongshan, Jiangmen and Zhaoqing in the western part
- Time of Completion: April 2019
- Construction Cost: More than 11 billion yuan (US$1.64 billion)
- Drivers transporting goods can shorten their travel by at least 10 km, or 30 minutes, when they drive from Guangzhou's southern areas via the Nansha Bridge to Dongguan.
- The 12.9-km Nansha Bridge has eight lanes and is designed to handle 100,000 vehicles per day, greatly easing congestion on the Humen Bridge, another crossing at the mouth of the Pearl River. The Humen Bridge was designed to accommodate 80,000 vehicles daily, and has suffered from major traffic jams during rush hours.
- The Nansha Bridge is designed allow vehicles to reach speeds of 100 km/hour. And the service life of the bridge is expected to last over 100 years.