- Four pillar industries: advanced technology, modern logistics, financial services and cultural industry
- Seven emerging industries of strategic importance: biotechnology, Internet, new energy, new materials, cultural and creative industries, new generation information technology, as well as energy conservation and environmental protection
- Future industries: life and health, marine, aerospace and aviation, robots, wearable devices, and smart equipment
- Special Economic Zone, the bridgehead of the China's reform and opening-up.
- One of the world's most economically vibrant cities and an important base for high-tech research, development and manufacturing in the southern part of China.
- A paradise for start-ups entrepreneurs from all over the world.
Preferential Policies on Talents
Notice from Shenzhen Municipal People's Government on Issuing the Work Plan for Strengthening the Development of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Base for Hong Kong and Macao Youth (Shen Fu Han  No.207)
Notice from the Administration Bureau of the Qianhai Shenzhen-Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone on Implementation Rules of Measures to Support the Development of Hong Kong and Macao Youths in Qianhai (Shen Qian Hai Gui  No.7)
Notice from the Administrative Bureau of the Qianhai Shenzhen-Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone on Measures to Support the Development of Hong Kong and Macao Youths in Qianhai (Shen Qian Hai Gui  No. 4)
Preferential Policies on Tax
Notice of the Authority of Qianhai of the Shenzhen Municipality and Finance Commission of Shenzhen Municipality on Issuing the Measures on Financial Subsidy of Individual Income Tax for Overseas High-end Talent and Talent in Short Supply in the Shenzhen Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Co-operation Zone in Qianhai, Shenzhen (Shen Qian Hai Gui  No. 2)
Qianhai Shenzhen-Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone of Shenzhen
- Location: Located at the edge of Nanhai and adjacent to Hong Kong and Macau, the Qianhai Shenzhen-Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone (hereafter ‘Qianhai’) sits to the west of Shekou peninsula in Shenzhen and to the east of the Pearl River Delta estuary
- Industry Focus: Financial services, modern logistics, information service, technology service, professional services, port service, shipping service and other strategic emerging services
- General Policy: Qianhai is a modern demonstration of the innovative cooperation between Guangdong and Hong Kong to create a modern service industry zone. The State Council approved the overall development plan for the Shenzhen-Hong Kong modern service industry cooperation zone in Qianhai on August 26, 2010. The aim is to develop Qianhai into the ‘demonstration area of Guangdong-Hong Kong innovation cooperation in modern industry’. It was also determined that Qianhai should be built and developed at a high standard. The cooperation between Guangdong and Hong Kong puts into practice new approaches to Shenzhen-Hong Kong cooperation.
- Website link: http://www.szqh.com.cn/
- The Central Government promulgated on 6 September 2021 the Plan for Comprehensive Deepening Reform and Opening Up of the Qianhai Shenzhen-Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone (Qianhai Plan). According to the Qianhai Plan, the area of the Qianhai Shenzhen-Hong Kong Modern Service Industry Cooperation Zone will be increased significantly from 14.92 square kilometres to 120.56 sq km. It also stresses the promotion of high-level opening up in Qianhai, the fostering of innovative development of modern service industries, and the acceleration of the building of a system of modern services that is compatible with Hong Kong and international standards. (Related links in Chinese only)
Hong Kong — Shenzhen Innovation and Technology Co-operation Zone
- The HKSAR Government and the Shenzhen Municipal People’s Government signed the
“Memorandum of Understanding on Jointly Developing the Lok Ma Chau Loop by Hong
Kong and Shenzhen” in 2017 for developing the Hong Kong-Shenzhen Innovation and
Technology Park (HSITP) at the 87-hectare Lok Ma Chau Loop site.
- HSITP together with the “Shenzhen Innovation and Technology Zone” on the north side
of Shenzhen River adjacent to the Loop will form the state-endorsed Shenzhen-Hong
Kong Innovation and Technology Co-operation Zone.
- The free flow of talent, capital, goods and information will be facilitated in the zone.
Special measures to relax market access in Shenzhen
On 26 January, the National Development and Reform Commission and the Ministry of Commerce released a guideline that contained 24 measures covering technology, finance, healthcare, education and culture, and transportation. These special measures relax market access in several sectors in Shenzhen in a bid to boost the competitiveness of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA) and promote high-quality development and high-level opening-up.
Reference link: National Development and Reform Commission (Chinese version only)
Qianhai e-Services Hong Kong-Macao Station
The Qianhai Authority, Shenzhen Administration for Market Regulation and the local taxation authority of Qianhai jointly launched "Qianhai e-Services Hong Kong-Macao Station", a service platform in Hong Kong, to provide an integrated online service for business registration and tax-related matters for free to the people in Hong Kong and Macao. The platform will further benefit the development of Hong Kong people and enterprises in Qianhai.
Reference links: www.qianhaiez.com (Chinese only)
- Shenzhen-Zhongshan Bridge
- Links Shenzhen to Zhongshan
- Scheduled Completion Date: 2024
- Construction Cost: more than 44.69 billion yuan ($6.38 billion)
- Shenzhong Link links the city clusters of Shenzhen, Dongguan and Huizhou in the eastern part of the Pearl River Delta to the prosperous cities of Guangzhou, Zhuhai, Foshan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen and Zhaoqing in the western part, strengthening the infrastructure connectivity in the Greater Bay Area. It will take only about 30 minutes for vehicles to complete the journey from Zhongshan to Shenzhen when the eight-lane structure is completed and traffic starts in 2024.
World’s largest Legoland park
- Type: Theme park
- Covering an area: roughly 530,000 square meters
- Location: will be built in Dapeng New Area
- The total project investment: expected to be around 4.7 billion yuan (US$725.6 million)
- The new Legoland will integrate China and Shenzhen elements to be a functional and innovative flagship Legoland theme park. Upon completion, Legoland Shenzhen Resort is expected to become the world’s largest Legoland resort
- Reference links: Shenzhen Government Online, Shenzhen Official Notice