- Foshan's economy is manufacturing-based, including industries in which Foshan enjoys strengths such as machinery equipment, household appliances, ceramic building materials, metal processing and metal products, textiles and garments, electronic information, food and beverages, fine chemicals and pharmaceuticals, household goods, etc.
- Emerging industries include optoelectronics, environmental protection, new materials, new medicines, and new energy vehicles
- With geographic advantages and substantial infrastructure
- Well-developed transport network
- Important base for manufacturing
Preferential Policies on Tax
Notice on “Foshan Municipality Interim Measures Concerning Administration on Financial Subsidies Related to Individual Income Tax Preferential Policies in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area” (Fo Cai Fa  No.24)
Preferential Policies on Talents
Notice on the Interim Measures of the Transportation Subsidy to Further Support Hong Kong and Macao Talents' Innovation and Entrepreneurship in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Cooperation High-end Services Demonstration Zone (Nan Fu  No.45)
Notice from the Office of the People's Government of Foshan on Issuing the Implementation Measures for Setting Up Start-Up Incubation Bases for Hong Kong and Macao Youths in Foshan (Fo Fu Ban Han  No. 356)
Notice from the Office of the People's Government of Foshan on Amending the Implementation Measures on Admitting the Children of Non-Local Habitual Residents into Compulsory Education Public Schools in Foshan (FoFuBan  No. 11)
Notice from the Organisation Department of the Municipality Committee of Foshan, Foshan Human Resources and Social Security Bureau and Foshan Ministry of Finance on the Issuance of the "Implementation Rules on Attracting High-level Professional and Technical Personnel in Foshan" (FoRenShe  No. 324)
Notice from the Organisation Department of the Municipality Committee of Foshan, Foshan Human Resources and Social Security Bureau and Foshan Ministry of Finance on the Issuance of the "Implementation Rules on Attracting Elite Talents and their Living Allowances in Foshan" (FoRenShe  No. 325)
Foshan National High-Tech Industrial Development Zone
- Foshan High-tech Zone, a national high-tech zone established with the approval of the State Council in 1992, implements the management system of “one zone with five parks, unified planning, separated park managements, and innovative services”.
- Location: Located in the core circle of Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, stands at the forefront of the Guangdong-Guangxi-Guizhou High-speed Railway Economic Belt. Foshan West Railway Station
- Industry Focus: In 2018, the regional GDP of Foshan High-tech Zone reached 156.328 billion yuan, with a year-on-year increase of 7.51%; the total industrial output value was 480.93 billion yuan, with a year-on-year increase of 8.73%; and the tax revenue has increased by 9%, reaching 21.029 billion yuan. In 2017, the dental medical device was approved for a pilot project of national innovative industrial cluster, and China (Guangdong) Robotics Innovation Center won the 2017 “Impact China” Intelligent Manufacturing Award and was rated as one of the “Top 10 Valuable Parks for Investment and Business”. The innovation and start-up business carriers oriented by high-end talents of Foshan High-tech Zone have obtained the central government’s special financial support. According to the latest report of the Ministry of Science and Technology, Foshan High-tech Zone has moved to the 25th place in the national comprehensive ranking.
- General Policy: After a 26-year development and construction, it has become the main engine of Foshan’s scientific and technological innovation and industrial upgrade. It’s the main park of the Pearl River Delta National Independent Innovation Demonstration Zone, the main carrier of Guangdong-Guangxi-Guizhou High-speed Railway Economic Belt Cooperation Experimental Zone (Guangdong Park), a national innovative featured park, a national intellectual property pilot park, Guangdong Comprehensive Experimental Zone of the Innovative Integration of Finance, Science, Technology and Industry, and the innovation base of equipment manufacturing industry in the western Pearl River area.
- Website link: http://fs-hitech.foshan.gov.cn/en/en/about/index.html
Research on the city:
- PwC’s Report on cities of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area: To develop new growth potential in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao GBA: Foshan
- Guangzhou-Foshan-Zhaoqing intercity rail
- Connects Guangzhou, Foshan to Zhaoqing
- Completion Date: March 2016
- The constructed track length is about 80 kilometers. Operating at a speed of 200 kilometers per hour, the train will start at Foshan West Station and will stop at 10 stations along its route. It would take passengers only half an hour to travel form Zhaoqing to Foshan. At the same time, the time of the trip from Zhaoqing to Guangzhou is expected to be shortened within one hour, making it more convenient for citizens in Guangzhou to travel to Dinghu Mountain and other nearby scenic spots.