- Zhongshan is a base for advanced manufacturing and modern service industries, a pilot city for industrial upgrading in Guangdong Province.
- Key industries of the industrial cluster in Zhongshan are equipment manufacturing, household appliances, textiles and garment, electronics, lighting, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, furniture, small home appliances and hardware products.
- Emerging industries include modern service industry and yacht industry. The port-area equipment manufacturing base hosts many large-scale state-owned enterprises, such as China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation, China Railway Group Limited, China National Offshore Oil Corporation, and Sinoconst Steel Structure Co. Ltd.. The only bonded logistics centre on the west bank of the Pearl River Estuary is located in Zhongshan.
- Established cross border e-commerce
- Top city in exhibition industry
Preferential Policies on Tax
Notice on Launching 2019 Zhongshan Application for Financial Subsidies related to Individual Income Tax Preferential Policies in the Guangdong - Hong Kong - Macao Greater Bay Area (Zhong Cai Fa  No.14)
Notice on Zhongshan Municipality Interim Measures Concerning Administration on Financial Subsidies Related to Individual Income Tax Preferential Policies in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (Zhong Cai Gui Zi  No.1)
Public Notice on “Interim Measures Issuing the Measures on Accreditation for Talents and Financial Subsidy of Individual Income Tax for Talents in Zhongshan (Consultation Paper)” for Public Consultation
Preferential Policies on Talents
Notice from the Zhongshan Municipal Government on the issuance of the “Working Plan to Strengthen Business Start-up and Innovative Demonstrative Bases for Hong Kong and Macao Youths” (Zhong Fu Han  No. 239)
Notice of Zhongshan Human Resource and Social Security Bureau Issuance of "Measures for the Evaluation of Start-up Funds for the Overseas Students in Zhongshan to Start-up Business in the Zhongshan Pioneer Park"
Zhongshan Torch High-Tech Industrial Development Zone
- Location: Located in the eastern part of Zhongshan in Guangdong Province, was approved as a state-level development zone by the State Council in 1991. It covers an area of 17.1 sq km.
- Industry Focus: Automobiles and auto parts, biopharmaceuticals, packaging, electronic information and chemicals
- General Policy: Zhongshan Torch HIDZ has built a national packing and printing base, a national healthcare technology industrial base, the China National New and High-tech Export Base, the China National Green Food Industrial Base and the China Torch Plan Equipment Manufacturing Base in the zone. In 2010, the zone generated RMB 113 billion in gross industrial output, accounting for 22.3% of Zhongshan’s total. The zone has attracted investment from Canon, Wistron, Sumitomo Electric, China Ship-building Industry Corp, Minyang and many other firms. In 2010, the utilized FDI reached US$20.12 million.
- Website link: http://www.zs.gov.cn/hjq/ (Chinese version only)
2021 Work Report of Zhongshan Municipal Government : Zhongshan's key measures on taking forward the development of the Guangdong - Hong Kong - Macao Greater Bay Area (Chinese only)
Research on the city:
- PwC’s report on cities of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area: To develop new growth potential in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao GBA: Zhongshan
- Shenzhen-Zhongshan Bridge
- Links Shenzhen to Zhongshan
- Scheduled Completion Date: 2024
- Construction Cost: more than 44.69 billion yuan ($6.38 billion)
- Shenzhong Link links the city clusters of Shenzhen, Dongguan and Huizhou in the eastern part of the Pearl River Delta to the prosperous cities of Guangzhou, Zhuhai, Foshan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen and Zhaoqing in the western part, strengthening the infrastructure connectivity in the Greater Bay Area. It will take only about 30 minutes for vehicles to complete the journey from Zhongshan to Shenzhen when the eight-lane structure is completed and traffic starts in 2024.